Sunday 17 April 2011

Call of the Child

The unplanned night turned into a night vigil for my eldest daughter who felt sick from 11:30pm. I set up camp on her single bed with my own pillow and blanket and shared the space with her and the sick bowl. Crisis and feeling sick passed within an hour and we both slept soundly until my eyelids could no longer keep out the light peeping out from around the blackout blind. Twas still early for a Sunday but nextdoor's cockrell thought otherwise. Actually, I mentally thanked him as he was crowing the dawn of a beautiful sunny day and he wanted everyone to know about it. It was the sort of morning that makes you squint as you roll up the blind but you can't stop yourself from looking. The early morning status doesn't last for long....the stillness, the lack of human presence, birdsong audible above all else and it's worth packing some of it away in tupperware dishes for future consumption. I put some washing in the machine and set about cleaning up the dog poo - after all, during this dry weather it's so much easier to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment